Sunday 12 June 2011

Email - Time to reflect

I am currently preparing for an email workshop and that means researching the current thinking on email clients, email usage and wonder of wonder email synchronisation! These days the choice is quite overwhelming and trying to do any sort of sensible comparison is time consuming to say the least.

I am currently running 5 different email clients, across multiple platforms in an attempt to identify the minimum level of functionality required to run a small business. I think it is important to make this differentiation as business's, even tiny ones, have needs over and above those of 'social' users. An obvious division in the email world is free vs. funded. Whilst I appreciate that budgets may be tight for small businesses, 'free' email isn't always the best option; often it comes with hidden limitations and doesn't always present the best image for a business.

I need to get back to my preparation and until next time an article that I hope you may find interesting, particularly #12: Know when to use e-mail (and when not to) ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment